For the Lakehead Annual Fund
1. What is the Lakehead Annual Fund?
The Lakehead Annual Fund is devoted to supporting students. Gifts from our alumni and friends have a life-changing impact on students.
A gift to the Lakehead Annual Fund has an immediate impact in the following four general areas:
- Scholarships to recognize academic excellence
- Bursaries to ensure university education is accessible
- Enhancing the student experience
- Dedicated support for our student-athletes
2. Why is the Lakehead Annual Fund Important?
The Lakehead Annual Fund shapes the future for Lakehead and has a direct and positive impact on nearly every aspect of the student experience.
3. Can I choose what my gift supports?
Absolutely! As a donor, we believe you should be able to support what matters most to you. You can choose exactly where and how your gift reaches students. For example, gifts can be made to individual departments, schools or faculties, or can support specific scholarships, bursary and awards.
To view a complete list of University initiatives, click here.
4. If I can only afford to donate a small amount, can the University still use my gift?
Yes! Your gift combined with others makes a significant difference. Regardless of the size of your gift, your participation as an annual giving donor directly impacts our students. You can be confident that Lakehead University offers a safe and secure website for transactions of any size.
5. Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes! Please be advised that receipts will only be issued for donations of $20 or more.
6. What recognition programs exist at Lakehead University?
We have a unique recognition program at Lakehead that honours individual contributions through our Donor Wall of Gratitude.
7. Do you have more questions?
Annual Fund Associate
Phone: (807) 343-8010 ext. 8155
Ready to make your gift?
Our donors find the most convenient way to give is online. Our secure online giving form takes minutes to complete, and lets you decide how often you wish to donate, the area you would like to support, and if you would like to dedicate your gift in honour of someone special. For additional information please visit our Ways to Give page.