PLAN YOUR VISIT
Located just 45 minutes north of the United States border, Thunder Bay offers up small city living with all the amenities one would require. With 150,000 lakes and rivers in the area, 56km of walking trails throughout the city, and over 100 city parks, visiting Thunder Bay is a truly unique experience. There is a growing multicultural community that has emerged over the last decade and with that, numerous restaurants providing incredible local and international cuisines, year-round fairs and festivals, and booming concerts that echo across our shores. We cannot wait to welcome you to our home and show you what the city has to offer!
Below is a list of accommodations with special rates for C2U Expo guests, transportation options, and taxi options to get around town. Learn more about what Thunder Bay has to offer during your visit.
CANADA TRAVEL (COVID-19):
For information on entering Canada from abroad please visit the Government of Canada website.
- Delta Hotel on Lake Superior
- Standing on the northwestern shore of Lake Superior they are one of the only true waterfront hotels in town. Busing will be provided to and from Lakehead University.
- Delta Hotel C2U Expo Link
- Days Inn
- Stay at the Days Inn Thunder Bay North to be as close as you can get to Lakehead University. If you want to walk to the University, this is a great place to stay.
- Days Inn C2U Expo Link
- Lakehead University Residence
- If you’re interested in staying on campus, please complete this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8ZWOlqFfebrWHZ5u5JOKOqld9bOmKrhMqRT-C9_rLMcOo4g/viewform
LOCAL TRAVEL AGENT
Would you like to be connected with a local travel agent in Thunder Bay? Contact Kerry Berlinquette by emailing Kberlinquette@ttand.ca.
FLYING TO THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO
Thunder Bay is a short 2-hour flight from Pearson International Airport or Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport in Toronto, Ontario. Rental cars available on location.
DRIVING TO THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO
If you are traveling by road, Thunder Bay is found at the crossroads of Ontario Highways 11, 17 & 61. This means those traveling across Canada or North from the U.S. will easily find the city. Click here to view our location on Google Maps.
GETTING AROUND TOWN
- Taxis Available
- URIDE : Ride Sharing App
- The Uride app gives you safe, reliable, affordable transportation when you need it.
- Download the Uride app in the app store.